Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ooh La Oscars!

Finally, my Oscars coverage! The trends of the 2011 Academy Awards included red-hot reds, icy whites, and lace, lace, lace! I decided to pick the trend that showcased the majority of my favorite looks of the night...we'll call it them the "Ice Queens" of the Oscars. The following are the chicest, most sophisticated looks, in my opinion of course!


One of the best of the night...a much improved look from the Valentino flower dress! Michelle Williams rocked in this off-the-runway look that she altered to be a body-hugging, pearl masterpiece by the ever-awesome Chanel.
 

Many did not like this look. I, on the other hand, loved it....BUT I don't know if Mandy Moore was the right person for this beautiful dress by Monique Lhuillier. However, I love the beading and faux-nude look.
 

Hailee Steinfeld is becoming a fashion icon for her generation. From Prada at the SAGS to my absolute favorite design team, Marchesa, at the Oscars, Hailee knows how to do it up right! Great length, great color, great hair, great detail....what more could a 14-year old ask for??
 

I am a fan of this dress, regardless of what Joan Rivers says! I actually really love this dress! I love the severe shoulder and the hint of green at the top and back. This dress fits Cate Blanchett well and I just love it! Kind of reminds me of a look McQueen might design?? Go Givenchy, Go!
 

Mila is keeping with the pastel trend of Spring. This Elie Saab Haute Couture dress was ethereal and whimsical. Critics said it would be a great wedding dress, but I think it works perfectly on the Red Carpet. Her hair and makeup completed the look...she looks beautiful.



Had to throw in Jennifer Lawrence because she was smokin' on the Carpet. This Calvin Klein dress makes her a showstopper. The simple silhouette Calvin is known for made this look effortless and gorgeous.

And the Worst....


I am just going to go ahead and name Nicole Kidman as the Worst Dressed Celebrity of the Awards season. If I can recall, I only liked one of her dresses/looks all year. Her taste has taken a turn for the worst this year, and we can only hope she improves....before we expect a bad look everytime. Step it up, Nicole.
 
 I found my looks at DailyMail and Harpers Bazaar.

No comments:

Post a Comment